When the Stars Align

When I woke this morning, there was no inkling that a new knitting project was on the horizon.

In fact, soon after a shower and breakfast, I was actually on the little loom, working on Ribbon towels, as today was the last day of my week-long vacation.

However, I noted that Saturday was Local Yarn Shop Day, and Lucky Ewe had just moved into a new location.

Saturday was day two of three day migraine, so I did not make it to the shop until a little after 10:00 this morning.

The new location is amazing. The shop looks great, and Linda has done a fantastic job with it. I also had a great time catching up with her.

She is awaiting a new shipment of even more yarn, but I fell in love with a couple of skeins of Malabrigo, as well as three hanks of Queensland Kathmandu Aran 100 (merino/silk/cashmere) in a gorgeous chocolate. I had no idea what I was going to make. I had not even decided whether I was going to knit or weave with the yarn, but I was very happy to have found it.

Once I arrived home, I decided the rustic tweed of the Kathmandu would make really nice masculine hats. A quick search of Ravelry, and I decided upon a fair isle pattern called Antares. I bought the pattern, printed it, and glanced through it. 

However, I did not have anything to use for contrasting color on the stranded pattern. Because I like to use the same yarn with fair isle, I got in my car and drove back over to Lucky Ewe (where I had the pleasure of visiting with even more wonderful ladies), and selected three more hanks of the Queensland Kathmandu in a yellow-green and two different blues.

By the time I wound the yarn into center-pull balls and began knitting, it was well after two in the afternoon.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I realized about 6:00 this evening that I was just a few rounds shy of finishing this hat.




Obviously, it has not been soaked or blocked, but I think it came out GREAT!

These are the other yarns I purchased:


I have 60 grams of the dark brown and 70 grams of the yellow-green left out of 100 gram hanks. Therefore, I have plenty to make a second hat in the same colors.

This was really an easy, quick, and fun project! I anticipate making a few more and tucking them away for the holidays. 

Who knew knitting was in store for me today?

Comments

Popular Posts